Saturday, February 11, 2012

Quilt-As-You-Go

 Here is  "Bowing the Strings"!  A quilt using the quilt-as-you-go method.  I love how the back is finished in different blocks of fabric.  This quilt uses one layer cake, one jelly roll and one sweet roll.  I used yardage so I cut all my strips and layer cakes.  While I was at it I cut some  kits up.

Today was a productive day!  I finished the "Interchangeable 2 Bag" as well.  The idea is that you can slide this  purse from the handles and make a different colour purse to slip on in it's place;  interchanging them to match your outfit.  I haven't make any others to interchange it with yet.  It was a productive day but not that
productive!  I thought it needed a little extra so I made a fabric flower (which matches the lining) to go on it.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love your quilt-as-you-go quilt. How did you do it? Do you have a tutorial or a link to the instructions? Thanks!