Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chalkcloth----Neat Ideas!


 Just new in the shop is this crazy new fabric called "Chalkcloth".  I came across this neat idea making into a tablerunner.  I didn't take a picture of the one I made and used at our Christmas Party recently but it was a real hit.  You can write on it what the dishes you are serving are, wipe it off and use it for the next party.  To make the tablerunner I cut a piece of fabric just large enough to back it and fold the edges over to the front and sew.  Very fast and easy!
I made some placemats with it for the grandsons.  Give them a piece of chalk and that should keep them busy while supper is being made.  There are lots of other neat ideas---aprons, calendars,etc. 
Let me know what you would make and I will randomly select a winner and send a 56" x 15" piece of chalkcloth to you. (enough to make the tablerunner).  Winner will be picked Wednesday, Dec.28,2011.
Chalkcloth comes 48" wide and sells for $10.00 a yard.

No comments: